Inmate Mail and Mail Rules
Mailing address for Inmates:
[Inmate's First and Last Name]
Kendall County Detention Center
8 Staudt St Box #7
Boerne, TX 78006
The return address must contain senders full name and complete address. Any correspondence whereas the sender is unable to be identified will be returned to the sender.
Family members/friends may purchase paperback books from authorized sellers, and have it sent to the Kendall County Detention Center. For example: Purchasing a book from Amazon.com and have it mailed from Amazon.com directly to the Detention Center. Books that are brought to the Detention Center from family members or friends will not be accepted. No hardcover books, all must be softcover.
Inmate Mail-Prohibited Items:
- Cash, Payroll checks, Personal checks, Business checks
- Postage stamps, envelopes, or writing paper will not be accepted. These items are available through commissary
- No stickers, decals, paperclips, staples, or envelope clasps will be allowed
- No Polaroid pictures or pictures larger than 5x7 inches, no pictures with any adhesive/substance on the front or the back. Photos printed on standard printer paper are not allowed.
- Musical Cards, Cards depicting Men or Women in Sexually Suggestive
- Attire/poses, Cards larger than 8x11. Cards with Ribbon, an adhesive of any type, metal fasteners or glitter, pop up cards. Cards with googly eyes, or any movable parts. Cards must be a single layer.
- Hard plastic objects: credit cards, identification cards, driver's license, or anything else that would be considered hard plastic
- Any object that is laminated
- All books/booklets/newspapers/pamphlets/magazines must come from the publisher.
- Cosmetics, includes lipstick, nail polish, perfume or other types of cosmetics on the contents.
- 3rd party mail
- Plastic, Metal, Glue, and tape are not allowed.
- No writing utensils of any kind to include markers, paints, crayons, pens, pencils, etc.
- No commissary items (toothpaste, razors, toothbrush, soap, etc.)
- No pictures that are sexually suggestive, no nude or partially nude pictures, no pictures in lingerie or undergarments.
- Any items folded will be unfolded and inspected prior to being delivered to the inmate.
- Correspondence containing information regarding the manufacture of explosives, weapons, or drugs
- Correspondence containing material that a reasonable person would construe as written solely for the purpose of communicating information designed to achieve the breakdown of the Detention Facility through inmate disruption, such as strikes or riots.
Sending Money to Inmates:
For your convenience, you can deposit money using the ATM machine located in the jail main lobby. The machine will accept cash and credit cards. There is a $3.50 fee for cash and credit cards. The machine is available 24hrs a day. After hours please press the intercom for assistance.
Money orders are accepted by mail only: Any cash, checks or gift cards will be returned to the sender. NO FUNDS OF ANY TYPE WILL BE ACCEPTED IN PERSON BY DETENTION CENTER EMPLOYEES.
You may also deposit funds online at www.jailatm.com